For those not familiar of this beach on Erie, here's some info for you:
- The spot works anywhere between W, SW, S and SE wind directions. If the wind is directly from the west, rig further east to get out of the wind shadow.
- The beach is managed by the City of Port Colborne and absolutely welcomes kiters!!! They actually want us at this spot!!!
- The beach is huge with a massive downwind fetch.
- $10 gets you direct beach parking. There are also washroom facilities.
- Great spot for beginners, twintip and foil riders as the waves don't really build up. There's flat-water/less chop on the west side of the bay.
- While there are swimmers here, the large area helps disperse/spread the crowd so finding a spot to rig is never an issue.
- There are regular kiters that ride here so you'll never be alone.
Here's the spot. Post back if you have any questions.